At St. Joe’s Chelsea, our Sleep Center is staffed by board-certified sleep medicine physicians and registered sleep technologists. We’re accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. Various types of overnight sleep monitoring and daytime sleep studies are available. A registered sleep technologist monitors your sleep and our sleep physicians review, read and interpret your study.
A sleep disorder is any condition that interrupts normal sleep-wake patterns. Common symptoms of sleep disorders include:
- Long-term trouble falling asleep or staying asleep
- Excessive daytime sleepiness, even after nine hours of sleep.
- Difficulty concentrating
- Inability to sleep at normal times
- Gasping for breath while sleeping
- Morning headaches
- Periodic kicking of legs or arms throughout the night
If you suspect any of these symptoms, contact your primary care physician and ask about a sleep study.