Dexter Winter Marketplace
November 6 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
An event every 2 weeks that begins at 9:00 am on Saturday, repeating indefinitely
What We Are ?
We are dedicated to supporting local growers and producers by providing Dexter and the surrounding communities with a friendly and welcoming marketplace, which meets the demands of local residents for purchasing local, fresh food and merchandise.
What Are Some Of The Product Guidelines ?
- Michigan fruits, vegetables, and herbs must be fresh and of high quality.
- Produce labeled “organic” should be grown on farms with organic certification or labeled “naturally grown” if using organic methods.
- Bakers should make their food from “scratch”.
- Processed foods and baked goods must be made by the vendor in a licensed food establishment or in accordance with the 2010 Michigan Cottage Food Law.
- Vendors must grow their own plants and cut flowers.
- Michigan-Raised Meat, Poultry, and Egg products must be of high quality, properly refrigerated/frozen, and properly labeled. Only products raised by vendor may be sold.
- Meat must have been processed at a USDA inspected facility.
- Vendors selling eggs must comply with USDA rules, if applicable to the vendor.
What We Are Doing To Protect You From COVID-19 ?
- Sanitizing after each event and before each event.
- One-way traffic during event.
- Social distancing.
- Mandatory mask-wearing by vendors and shoppers.
- Limiting shoppers to 50 at a time.
- Having a voluntary sign-up at entrance where shoppers can leave contact info in case anyone visiting our market contracts COVID-19.
- No free beverages will be served this year to prevent contamination.